BON KATHINA SAMAKI, Canberra
We, the organizers of Bon Kathina Sakami for Watt Khemararangsi, Canberra wish to invite everybody in Canberra and interstate to celebrate this special occasion.
The purpose of this occasion is to offer gifts and money to the honourable monks. The monk has resided in the temple for the past three months, in accordance with Bon Preach Visa.
As mentioned above, we would like to extend this invitation to all Buddhist monks, followers, and members of Cambodian and Australian communities. Please come to the temple to renew acquaintances, to make offerings to the monks, to pray, to listen to the Buddhist teachings, to receive blessings and also to donate money towards the construction of our temple. Please donate generously.
Various memorial services will also be conducted at the temple in a symbol of Buddhism and Cambodian culture.
Friday 23th November 2012
- 7:00pm Gather at temple.
Saturday 24th November 2012.
- 9:30am Welcome Kathina Samaki from Sydney
- 10:00am Gather at temple to begin the ceremony
- 10:30am Presentation of food offerings to the monks, followed by chanting prayers and blessings.
- 12:00pm Lunch for everyone who has gathered for this festival. – 1:30pm Final offerings of the monks.
- Buddhist committee, laypeople, and Buddha’s disciples living in Canberra
-The monks and Buddhist followers in Sydney
Venue: Wat Khemararangsi, 3 Arkell Place, Charnwood ACT 2615. Phone: 02 6259 2205