ABN, Business Name & Bank Account
Background: as per CSAC’s Minutes of Meeting (23rd February 2013), CSAC is going to register into ANU Student Association. According to Sambath’s knowledge, these are benefits of being member of ANU student association
- Get financial support for organising events in related to academic and cultural purposes.
- Be able to access to facilities of ANU
- Be able to participate in any formal academic forum/meeting or involving in organise academic event if it is possible
Two important points are requirements: have ABN (Australian Business Number) and a Bank Account.
I am writing to inform you where we are up to with above two requirements.
- Update ABN details
- Searching through http://www.abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=37721370321, it was found that Cambodian Student Association (ABN 37721370321) was registered in August 2008. However, details of representative and address were not updated to the current position.
To update the ABN’s details, I logged into ABN system as a BAS Agent (Business Activity Statement), and made adjustments as required.
- Open a Bank Account:
After reading information on the Commonwealth Bank Website and having phone call enquiry for clarification, following documents are required:
- Business Name registered with ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission) https://asicconnect.asic.gov.au
- Complete signatory form
- Copy of the Constitution.
- Minutes of the AGM Meeting where it lists the election of the Committee positions,
- Minutes of the Meeting where it was discussed to apply for a Commonwealth Bank Account
To all above documents were prepared, and they were submitted to one of the Commonwealth Bank Branches yesterday. Kindly noted that the Name of Cambodian Student Associate is registered with ASIC for 3 years with $70 fees. Name registration is part of the legal compliant.
This is a summary:
Cambodian Student Association in Canberra (CSAC)
ABN ACT: 37721370321
ASIC Business Name Registered
Bank Account Details